Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 Supermen!


So this picture sums up some of why I have been absent from my blog for so long. I tried to do a lot of home-made christmas gifts this year. It was fun, but it was just as stressful if not more stressful than shopping. I spent a lot of time working on gifts, and even more time feeling guilty because I knew I should be working on them.


Long story short...here are the boys in their superman capes I made them. I got the design from some capes that my mom had made for her kids 30 years ago. It is fun because they are a little bit of a nostalgic item for me, because I had a pink one just like these growing up. I even personalized them for the boys. If you look hard you can see the "I" on Isaac's belt.


Here's a video of Isaac flying, complete with sound effects.

And for those of you who have known me in the past....yes...I do crafts and sew now. It just goes to show...never say never!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm totally impressed with your sewing skills. I had no idea! Maybe you should give a lesson at the next family reunion. My boys would love capes like that.

Carly said...

What a dang cute video. I, also, am impressed at your domesticatedness. And yes, I am married to Robbie, which means that "domesticatedness" can actually be a word.

The Whitaker Family said...

They turned out SO GREAT, Sar!!!!! Good job! I love the pic and video and LOVE that they're a sweet reminder for you of growing up too. How totally perfect!