Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Potty!

So - the before mentioned reason that I have been unable to catch up on my blogging (or cleaning my house, or anything else really) is that we are offically in full potty training mode at our house. Isaac's been wearning big boy underwear for going on 4 days now. He's doing really well, but it still is no fun at all. I hate cleaning up the "accidents" and it's really hard because I know that I'm not giving enough attention to Sam, but I don't know what else to do! So - my life now consists of watching Isaac like a hawk for the "signs" that it's time to sit on the potty, and cleaning up after the misses. Sounds like fun, huh!

I know he's going to get the hang of this soon though, and then it will be one more parental rite of passage that we have made it through!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Can I send Lilly over to your house?!? You could kill two birds with one stone!! (We've been having potty trauma here, and are currently back in diapers! Grrrr...)

porterpies said...

Keep up the good work! You are such a cute, patient mama. He'll get it...eventually anyway. I'm sure sooner than later.

Doodlecraft said...

Wow! Let the fun times roll! We had to set an egg timer for 10 minutes, and try to go every 10 minutes! It totally consumes the entire day! Better not plan any trips out for a while! You are awesome! Best wishes!

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

Sara! It is good to see you guys and catch up on your family. And good luck with the potty training thing. They say boys are harder than girls, but I don't think anything can be as hard as Emmary. It took 9 long months and she still goes through phases where she just pees in her pants!!! The joys of parenting right?!?

The Whitaker Family said...

Good job, Sara!!! Btw, I heard he had a fever last week. Hope all is well... I miss you!!!