Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ummm...Where's my wallet?

So I had the most humiliating experience today. We went to the grocery store after lunch - not the best time with kids! - and I did BIG shopping. I finally made my way to the checkout and as they are halfway done scanning my groceries, I realize that I don't have my wallet! This morning I took it out of my purse to get my debit card so I could renew my Ensign subcription, and I must not have returned it to my purse. I was sooooo beyond embarrased - but the checker was so nice and said that they would leave all my groceries in my cart and I could just run home and come back to pay for them. But - I knew my kids were going to fall asleep as soon as we got in the car, and plus, I had frozen food and milk that I worried about leaving in the cart. Luckily for me....my good friend Mary just happened to be going through to pay for her groceries as well, and she volunteered to pay for mine so I didn't have to go home! I feel totally embarrased, but at the same time, totally grateful for having such good friends! I still am mortified by the experience, but Mary is such a great friend, and I know that I'll still be able to look her in the face after this experience and not be wondering if she thinks I'm the biggest flake in the entire world!

It just goes to show you - blessings come from trying to do the right thing! If I had been buying anything else but my Ensign subscription this morning, I know that Mary wouldn't have been there at the exact moment I needed her.

4 comments:

Carly said...

oh no! I haven't had that happen...yet, but I am dreading the day! At least I now will have somewhere to go for sympathy!

The Whitaker Family said...

Anything for some of your bread, Sar!! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missy said...

I've done that, sadly. The worst part was the the cashier was totally rude to me! He was like, You know you could get a ticket for driving without your liscense," as though I meant to fill my cart up with groceries, take them trhough the checkout, KNOWING (right!) that I didn't have my wallet.

What a nice thing for your friend to do. YAY for good friends.

Tadorton said...

Yes I have been there. It is a terrible feeling. Now I am like paranoid at checking before I go ANYWHERE!