Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I have a 3 year old!!!!

So, I've been a little busy lately and I haven't kept up on my blog - so here's the catch-up post. Isaac's birthday was on Oct. 12 - and I can't believe that he's 3!!! He is so excited about it though! Here's a few pictures from the festivities.
On Saturday we went to lunch at Chuck O'Rama (Jes's favorite) where Isaac got candles in a brownie (which he didn't even eat!)

Sam loved his lunch though!

After lunch came the presents - and let me tell you - it was crazy! All the kids were so excited about the presents, Isaac hardly got to see what the gifts were! I tried to get some pictures of him opening presents - but they all turned out like this.

All the kids were so cute - and all the adults were laughing so hard! Birthdays are always exciting to kids, even if it's not their own!

After lunch we all (minus my mom) went to see Wall-E. We had planned to go to the zoo, which is Isaac's favorite thing to do, but the weather was too cold, so we compromised on the movie. No one really enjoyed Wall-E but the short film before it was hilarious! After the movie the party was over and all the aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents said their good-byes - and our little family decided it was warm enough for the zoo. So we forgot about naps and headed up to the zoo to take a quick trip for as long as the kids would last. I left my camera in the car, and I was so mad about it because it was a great day for the zoo. The kids had a wonderful time, and the animals were a lot of fun. Because the weather forcast for that day had been so terrible, there were only about 30 people at the zoo - so we were able to see everything in a little over an hour!

Sunday was Isaac's actual birthday. It was a little low key because we had done so much the day before, but Isaac thought it was great to get to celebrate again! I made pizza for dinner (Isaac's favorite) and then Grandma & Grandpa Allred came over along with some of our friends for cake and ice cream.

You might be wondering why I would post a picture like this of my son, but he is actually giving his "best smile" here! What a cutie! While he was opening his gifts from mom and dad he starting singing "happy birthday to me". All in all, I think he was sufficiently spoiled! We had a great time celebrating - and thank so much to everyone who came to his parties. It really means a lot us Jes and I to have so much support - and Isaac just loves to see everyone!

5 comments:

MARIE said...

I LOVE Chuckarama!
Your kids are so darling.

The Whitaker Family said...

Yay for October babies!!! Your kiddos are so cute, Sar! Sorry we missed cake n ice cream-- I would've much rather been there than Urgent Care, I promise!

Alana said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! What a cutie, I can't believe he's 3!

Mumsy said...

Hi, Sara!

I don't know if you remember me, or not. We were friends when we were little kids. I lived in the same neighborhood in Kaysville.

I found you through Lane's blog. Her husband is my cousin.

It's fun to see you all grown up with your sweet little kids.

Lindsey (Rose) Johnson

Carly said...

So cute! I love that boy!